Toku Chat!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Toku Chat! If you need help, ask our staff members Matrix, Kaen, or NeonNocturnal!

3 posters

Tensou Sentai Goseiger Lets Descend!

Matrix
    Matrix
    Admin
    Admin

Tensou Sentai Goseiger Lets Descend! Empty Tensou Sentai Goseiger Lets Descend!

Post by Matrix Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Talk about the 5 Angels that were sent to protect our planet. Tensou!
    Black Fang

Tensou Sentai Goseiger Lets Descend! Empty Re: Tensou Sentai Goseiger Lets Descend!

Post by Black Fang Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Gosei 1 comments:

- The Warstar seem rather generic. There doesn't seem to be any relation between them and the Angels. They're just a bunch of enemies who happen to be targeting Earth. It's Bioman and Hurricanger all over again.

No return to an entire cast of villain actors is disappointing. But the designs as they are seem decent enough. At least the mouths move!

Their voices sound very familiar. And no wonder, Shozo Izuka (Mons Drake) voiced Jiraiya's Dokusai and Metalder's Dranger! I like this guy's performances.

- The return of those stupid jackets. Wonderful.

- Alata looks like a male Natsumi/Yellow Racer. How disturbing.

- They need cards to even do the simplest "magical" acts. This crossing of cards with angels was bad enough, but now this? Lame.

And of course the cards are printed in English, because that's the tongue of the Angels...

- The Bibi (horrible name) look more like chameleons than insects.

- Wow, damaged cars? They actually budgeted that in? >>

- I'm really getting tired of seeing those same sets over and over again.

- These Angels seem a little too cheery about their situation. Here there are cut off from their home, an army of space insects are on the rampage, and here they are high-fiving each other like it's a romp in the park? There is a personal factor in this fight, yet it doesn't seem to be emphasized right now.

- Eri looks like a monkey with those ears, and Hyde is a Japanese Zachary Quinto.

- DangoBoma reincarnated into Mizorg?

- I'm starting to hate that "destroyed city" set. Five years in a row now that they've used it? How about some variety?

- They changed the order of the colors in the role call. That's nice. Yet the numbers on their helmets don't match up.

A rather bland first episode. The villain costumes are the only things I find appealing. The cards are definitely going to be a real eyesore.
    Matrix
    Matrix
    Admin
    Admin

Tensou Sentai Goseiger Lets Descend! Empty Re: Tensou Sentai Goseiger Lets Descend!

Post by Matrix Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Black Fang wrote:Gosei 1 comments:

- The Warstar seem rather generic. There doesn't seem to be any relation between them and the Angels. They're just a bunch of enemies who happen to be targeting Earth. It's Bioman and Hurricanger all over again.

No return to an entire cast of villain actors is disappointing. But the designs as they are seem decent enough. At least the mouths move!

Their voices sound very familiar. And no wonder, Shozo Izuka (Mons Drake) voiced Jiraiya's Dokusai and Metalder's Dranger! I like this guy's performances.

- The return of those stupid jackets. Wonderful.

- Alata looks like a male Natsumi/Yellow Racer. How disturbing.

- They need cards to even do the simplest "magical" acts. This crossing of cards with angels was bad enough, but now this? Lame.

And of course the cards are printed in English, because that's the tongue of the Angels...

- The Bibi (horrible name) look more like chameleons than insects.

- Wow, damaged cars? They actually budgeted that in? >>

- I'm really getting tired of seeing those same sets over and over again.

- These Angels seem a little too cheery about their situation. Here there are cut off from their home, an army of space insects are on the rampage, and here they are high-fiving each other like it's a romp in the park? There is a personal factor in this fight, yet it doesn't seem to be emphasized right now.

- Eri looks like a monkey with those ears, and Hyde is a Japanese Zachary Quinto.

- DangoBoma reincarnated into Mizorg?

- I'm starting to hate that "destroyed city" set. Five years in a row now that they've used it? How about some variety?

- They changed the order of the colors in the role call. That's nice. Yet the numbers on their helmets don't match up.

A rather bland first episode. The villain costumes are the only things I find appealing. The cards are definitely going to be a real eyesore.

I do like the whole card idea. I have wanted a sentai based on cards for quite some time. But it is kinda hard to hear what the Tensouder is saying half the time. So that is getting old. But otherwise I enjoyed it.

OH, and welcome Black Fang!
    Black Fang

Post by Black Fang Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:29 pm

We had a card Sentai. It was called JAKQ.

And like I said, mixing cards with angels doesn't work. They don't go together. And what kind of second-rate angels are these guys if they need cards to do everything? Cards worked in Ryuki, Blade and Decade due to their contexts. (Though Ryuki could have worked without them too.) This is just dumb.
    Matrix
    Matrix
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Matrix Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:39 pm

I like the idea. I don't think it is a terrible show so far. Its the first episode, maybe it will grow on you.
    Black Fang

Post by Black Fang Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Gosei 3 comments:

- Eri's smiles look very forced.

- Moune and Agri seem like the new Fumiya-Remi. The two siblings of the team who're closest to each other. (Fumiya and Remi being the twins in the Hoshikawa family.)

- Lamest angels ever who can't do anything without that portable card-eating head.

- I like how the Warstar soldiers all hail from different planets. Reminds me of the Gozma, but without the sympathy factor. I wonder if these bugs really have anything to them besides being this year's obligatory bad guys.

- Something about all this drama today just seems forced to me. Moune doesn't want to do this and that because she's too stubborn? Maybe it's just the cast not doing that great a job with the material that's irking me. I don't know...

- Withstanding the cold in just shorts and a thin jacket? Finally, an ability the angels don't need cards for!

- There should be more snow battles in tokus.

- Landick Claw? Red Break? Blue Check? Wow, what brilliant names for weapons and attacks.

And again with the fake sparks. Methinks Toei is addicted to their poor-quality CGI.

- I wonder if Arata and Dereputa will end up having some kind of rivalry.

- Cool, an original set with snow for the mecha fight.

But cool it with the Header attacks and have more actual grappling. I know you have forgotten how to do mecha battles, Toei, but try to remember. If you need to, ask Toho to consult. The SeiShin Series knew what it was doing when it came to giant robos and monsters.

Another frankly dull episode overall.
    Matrix
    Matrix
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Matrix Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:17 pm

I can see that you dislike this series so far Black, lol. But I didn't find epic 3 too interesting either, so I fell you there.
    NeonNocturnal
    NeonNocturnal

Post by NeonNocturnal Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:27 am

I watched Epic 1 subbed the other day. Hm, it didn't seem too interesting... it was just a generic sentai opening episode... which was a shame. So much more could have been done with the tower, I was hoping the first episode would show the Goseiger fighting to protect the tower and failing, it would have been so much more dramatic.

That aside, I love Toei for not introducing the mecha in the first episode and trying to take it nice and slow. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:12 pm