Toku Chat!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Toku Chat! If you need help, ask our staff members Matrix, Kaen, or NeonNocturnal!

5 posters

What is it that attracts you to toku?

NeonNocturnal
    NeonNocturnal

What is it that attracts you to toku? Empty What is it that attracts you to toku?

Post by NeonNocturnal Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:01 pm

We usually end up getting the cliche 'What show got you into toku' and the discussion ends up becoming repetitive. However, I wonder what it is in Toku conventions that attracts other fans. Is it the costumes? Is it the whacky storylines and monsters?

For me, I think it's a combination. Throughout life I have always looked up to superhero characters, Batman probably the most prominent role-model for me. These characters we're often intelligent yet strong at the same time. At a younger age I found I couldn't identify with the heroes who we're mutants or other forms of life other than human... it was only when I turned 10 that I started to eplore other forms of heroes. Toku features humans transforming into heroes, when Power Rangers aired I could identify with the humans, whilst looking up to their heroic forms.

The costumes also attract me to the shows. It's just something about the toku hero costumes, they seem so different to anything else I've seen on TV, naturally being a hero fan the whole hero costume works, but Toku costumes take it to the next level, it's always the teams costumes I most look forward to when rumour season comes around, and I love looking at the rumour pics... even the fake ones.
    Kaen
    Kaen
    Admin
    Admin

What is it that attracts you to toku? Empty Re: What is it that attracts you to toku?

Post by Kaen Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Boom-Boom-Pow.

Not the song, the explosions.

But seriously, for me...it's probably...

I'm not sure. I'll edit this post with something worthwhile once I think of something.
    NeonNocturnal
    NeonNocturnal

What is it that attracts you to toku? Empty Re: What is it that attracts you to toku?

Post by NeonNocturnal Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:06 am

I can't wait. ^_^
    DECADE453145
    DECADE453145

Post by DECADE453145 Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:31 pm

the mysterious things that happen in some toku. just enough to interest me, but not enough for me to get confused by it Very Happy
    Matrix
    Matrix
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Matrix Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Hmmm, what attracts me. Just the badass action and the stories. Pretty much it.
    NeonNocturnal
    NeonNocturnal

Post by NeonNocturnal Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:17 am

DECADE453145 wrote:the mysterious things that happen in some toku. just enough to interest me, but not enough for me to get confused by it Very Happy
    Are you reffering to the general "WTF?" moments?
    DECADE453145
    DECADE453145

Post by DECADE453145 Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 pm

NeonNocturnal wrote:
    DECADE453145 wrote:the mysterious things that happen in some toku. just enough to interest me, but not enough for me to get confused by it Very Happy

nah. I'm talking about the mysterious plot twists that happen occasionally. though the WTF moments are awesome too Very Happy
    NeonNocturnal
    NeonNocturnal

Post by NeonNocturnal Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:13 am

DECADE453145 wrote:
    NeonNocturnal wrote:

nah. I'm talking about the mysterious plot twists that happen occasionally. though the WTF moments are awesome too Very Happy
    Haha, yeah, I agree. Plot twists are awesome.
    Kaen
    Kaen
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Kaen Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 pm

...I like explosions? The action choreography. The...character development. It's basically a real life form of a Shounen manga
    Super-1
    Super-1

Post by Super-1 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Well, I grew up on superheroes as well as Godzilla and other Japanese giant monster flicks. So, you could say that I was doomedhooked from the start. To put it in layman's terms, tokusatsu greatly appeals to my inner child.

Secondly, I enjoy the mechanics that go into making one. The suits, the sets, the choreography...pretty much everything.

And lastly...I'm not a super deep person. I love explosions and fighting. That's not to say I'm incapable of enjoying a well written toku, of course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content